We attempt to make each customer happy with our bamboo. We ship 5 days a week and guarantee your bamboo to arrive healthy with a moist root ball. If you are unhappy with the mail order bamboo when they arrive or within our 30 day warranty period please contact us. We will be happy to work out a solution. Proof of damaged plant during shipment in most cases can be done by sending us a photo via email.
We wish we could warranty your bamboo forever, but that is just not practical. If for some reason there is a problem, this can be identified as soon as you unpack the bamboo. We do give you up to 30 days to decide if you are unhappy for any reason.
As with any living plant, there can be many factors that will cause the bamboo to perform poorly. Bamboo is an extremely tough grass, however, we can not guarantee specific results due to factors beyond our control. Improper planting, poor drainage, and poor soil are examples which can cause plant failure. Weather is always a factor beyond our control as is poor maintenance of the bamboo planting. With a little care, your new bamboo will do great and is much easier to grow than trees, shrubs, and flowers.
1. Bamboo Placement
Lewis Bamboo, Inc. accepts no responsibility as to the use or placement of bamboo in the landscape.
Bamboo can be very unpredictable as to growth and spreading even when instructions or recommendations are followed. It is important to know this and understand before use of this product. Customer admits that he/she understands the problems of spreading for bamboo and understands recommendations for growing bamboo. The customer also understands that it is their responsibility to be aware and abide by any local, state or other laws and rules governing the use of bamboo. The customer accepts responsibility for use/misuse of the product.
2. Mail Orders
If the buyer cancels after the package has left our facility and is in transit, there will be a 20% restocking fee plus an additional redirect fee of $14 per package.
Verifying the correct shipping address is the responsibility of the buyer. Seller is not responsible for wrong address delivery.
Package refusal is subject to shipping charges and a 20% restocking fee reduced from the refunded amount.
Returns not covered under Warranty (section 6) are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Return shipping is the buyer’s responsibility.
3. Custom Dug and Large Plant Orders
A 20% deposit is required on the large field specimen divisions and custom dig orders. These orders not picked up 30 days beyond the agreed pickup date will be stocked and sold. Any amount paid above the 20% deposit for digging custom orders will be refunded to the customer.
Payment terms: remainder due before delivery unless other arrangements have been established.
Replacement divisions on large divisions must be picked up at Lewis Bamboo. Mail order plants totaling the same amount of money can be substituted for replacements.
All quotes are good for 7 working days. Beyond that 7 days, factors can change that will influence the total cost. After 7 days, we will be happy to review the quote and figure a new one based on current cost and inventory at that time.
Lewis Bamboo, Inc. will always try to protect your confidentiality. We do not sell or broker any of your account information to a third party. The zip code of your shipping address may be used for statistical data. We will never share your full address.
We do not maintain your credit card information on our local system, however, our payment partners may. Our payment processors include PayPal, Stripe, and Affirm Financing. Payments made through our default credit card form are processed by PayPal. PayPal allows us to recharge your previously used card, but not access the card information. We may do this if you request a change to your order, or if you email/call requesting to make a new order. In every circumstance, we will verify the amount and obtain your consent before charging. Any orders placed this way are still under the full policy on this page.
6. Plant Warranty
If your plants fail to meet our posted specifications or are not healthy when they arrive, we will work out a solution, such as replacement, refund, or return. This must be done within 30 days from the date of delivery.
- Proof of claim must be provided via high-quality pictures, sent to email@example.com
- Warranty does not include healthy plants that fall within our posted specifications here. There are also guidelines on plant size in the photo gallery of all plant listings.
- Replacement plant on wholesale sizes must be picked up at our location or we can replace with mail order sizes of equal value.
- Splitting your bamboo division is not recommended and will automatically terminate your warranty.
- We are not responsible for wildlife interfearing or eating your bamboo. Use of plant cages is recommended to prevent wildlife. Motion activated sprinklers work well too.
- While we do our best to work with everyone, we cannot be responsible for gross negligence. If the customer shows no attempt to follow our plant recommendations or planting and care instructions, we reserve the right to terminate the warranty.
- Only 1 replacement can be claimed per warranty. Once a warranty has been executed it is terminated.
7. Two Year Extended “Plant Warranty”
We offer a paid extended warranty on all of our bamboo. While our included 30 day warranty is long enough to ensure you received a healthy plant, this extended warranty will ensure you have a successful planting.
One of these two options can be executed for your claim:
- Refund of plant cost less the shipping cost of the order. This includes when you qualified for “free shipping”. Our cost of shipping will still be deducted.
- Replacement plants of equal value. The customer is responsible for shipping charges on replacement plants.
a. We guarantee plant health or production of new shoots.
b. Proof of claim must be provided via high-quality pictures, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Damage to foliage is not covered as bamboo produces new foliage every year.
d. Only 1 replacement can be claimed per warranty. Once a warranty has been executed it is terminated.
8. Refusal of Service, Company Rights
Lewis Bamboo Inc. reserves the right to refuse, cancel, or suspend service at our sole discretion. We enforce this policy to deny service to customers demonstrating illegal activities, hostilities, product misuse, failure to comply with our company policy or an unwillingness to work in a positive fashion.
We will do our best to satisfy you and wish to make your bamboo purchase an enjoyable one.